policy is guided by this motto:
Shirts tucked in
1. Students should purchase blue or white Taylor shirts
available at area uniform shops Schiro’s Shoes & Uniforms (4948 West
Esplanade Avenue), J & L School Uniforms (1742 Stumpf Blvd, Gretna), and
Johnson’s Uniform, Inc (619 Westwood Drive, Marrero). Students may wear plain
white, royal blue, or grey t-shirts or P.E. shirts only under their uniform
shirts. Undershirt must not be visible at the sleeve or hem-line. A
school polo shirt must be worn at all times unless otherwise noted.
2. Students should purchase grey uniform pants
for boys and girls. They cannot be jean style, with stitching across the knees,
cargo, or carpenter’s pants. Pants must be neatly hemmed, not rolled up or with
slits cut on the sides. All pants must be the correct waist size and worn at
the waist with a plain, solid, black belt. BIG, BAGGY PANTS ARE NOT
3. Girls may wear neatly fitted uniform skirts at
the waist that are no shorter than 3 inches above the knee. Skirts can not be
rolled or shortened in any way. Shorts are not allowed to show below the skirt
4. Shoes must be mostly black or white. For safety
purposes tennis shoes are recommended. Socks must be black or white. Students
may not wear backless shoes. Shoes must be tied and/or fastened securely and
must not exceed ankle height. If boots are worn, pants must not be tucked into
boots. Boots are only to be worn under
pants, not skirts. No combat boots are allowed.
5. Students must tuck shirts in neatly inside pants/skirt
with the belt or waistband visible.
6. All uniforms must be properly sized and in good
7. ALL winter attire (sweatshirts, windbreakers, and
jackets) must be SOLID grey, white, or royal blue. The attire may have a
PFTSTA logo. No words or logos may be visible on the jacket or sweatshirt other
than PFTSTA logo. No jean jackets are allowed.
8. Students may wear long sleeve shirts under their
uniform shirt provided they are solid royal blue, white or grey. No logos or
words may be visible on the sleeve or elsewhere.
9. Solid royal blue, grey, or white full length tights
must be worn. The tights must reach the ankle. No fishnet, sheer, or lacey
material allowed. Sweat pants may not be worn according to Jefferson Parish
10. Students must follow these rules on dress-down days: no capris, no shorts, no t-shirts with
violent, offensive, or illegal images, no midriff shirts or immodest necklines,
no sleeveless shirts or tank tops, no backless or open-toed shoes, no jeans
with holes, no sunglasses.
11. No hats, hoods, or winter apparel (scarves, gloves)
can be worn indoors at any time. No hair wraps allowed except those worn for
It is also the
obligation of the school to enforce the attributes of personal hygiene, neatness,
and safety. Therefore, all students must maintain a physical appearance in
keeping with stated policy. Disciplinary action will result if students violate
stated dress code, which includes but is not limited to warnings, detentions,
parental conference and suspension.